Sometime last weekend, I have crossed over to the land of LEGALDOM.
I can't believe it. I am 18. Wow, thinking back, we are really zooming through time. I am trying to get comfortable in this now 18 years old skin. Feels kind of weird though. I think I am really walking through a transition here. Goodbye, fresh optimistic 17. I have to admit, I liked last year. There is a feel-good feeling overall. Not overwhelming - not the jumping off the wall variety - just a slight calm of assurance that says 'hey girl, everything is going to be alright'. Another year has passed and now, another one has started. A little older, a little wiser but nonetheless still fresh-faced and optimistic.
I am eighteen. I am not screaming with joy but I am smiling broadly and nodding my head with an understanding.
It's going to be alright. Yes, girl, it will be alright.
***
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO WISHED ME ON MY BIRTHDAY! :D
Seriously, I am so touched by each one of you that following my parents to their boring business trip didn't even depress me one bit! Yes, I was at Johore-Singapore-Batam from Friday to Monday. I was in Johore on Friday and Saturday morning. A few hours in Singapore on Saturday morning. The remaining days spent in Batam. Yeah, it sounds like an adventure but it's not. haha. It's a business trip, dear, so all I do is go to people's houses and this ferry port (from Singapore to Batam) and this hotel in Batam where my mom holds a 7 hour seminar. And during that seminar, I was there for about 4 hours? Just sitting around, sometimes taking pictures for the participants, sometimes I would just hang out in the hotel room etc. So yeah, my 18th birthday is so low-key that I don't think I'll remember it in the future! haha. But for some reason, I was okay about it. I think I was just happy that people actually remembered!
Ok, I wanna say thank you to all these people who wished me a happy birthday. You guys really really made my day :D
(not in any order. haha wtf)
x. alya
x. shafiq
x. naz
x. kak nadia
x. my sister
x. shaba
x. mimijah super!
x. diana
x. izzaty
x. miza
x. gg kabg double e's and g's GEEG!
x. sheera
x. farha
x. farisa. and yeah i really thought you forgot. haha.
x. azfar
x. muniraaaaaaaa
x. afi
x. naughtyboykid. haha. what's your real name lah?
x. hani
x. izzati
x. rabiatul
x. rus
x. IMAN ISHAK WEEEH
x. aisyah kamilah
(not in any order. haha wtf)
x. alya
x. shafiq
x. naz
x. kak nadia
x. my sister
x. shaba
x. mimijah super!
x. diana
x. izzaty
x. miza
x. gg kabg double e's and g's GEEG!
x. sheera
x. farha
x. farisa. and yeah i really thought you forgot. haha.
x. azfar
x. muniraaaaaaaa
x. afi
x. naughtyboykid. haha. what's your real name lah?
x. hani
x. izzati
x. rabiatul
x. rus
x. IMAN ISHAK WEEEH
x. aisyah kamilah
Anyways, once again, THANK YOU THANK YOU. You make this grandma feel happier to reach 81! haha. Oh yes, some people asked why I didn't pick up the phone when they called or reply back to their messages. I AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT. Basically, my phone died. Yes, I was running low on battery and I kinda forgot to bring my charger. haha! I had to use my parents' chargers but even then, we were always on the road at the time, so I didn't have the chance to fully charge it. There were a few moments where I had a bit of battery life in my phone so some people do get my replies. Plus, I was overseas at that time and I don't want your credits to evaporate like thin air. haha.
Diana, when you called me, I was on the phone with Shafiq. haha. So yeah, couldn't get through. Then, my phone died. Gg, when you called me, my phone died. All the others, ditto - phone died. haha. YES, I AM BLAMING IT ALL ON MY PHONE. There. I've thought of replying all of you but I figured, hey, since everyone reads my blog anyways SO... hahaaaaa... Saya teruk, ya, saya tahu. haha.
One of the surprises is getting wishes from people I have lost contact with. This is where we all thank the good applications of Friendster, Facebook and Myspace for reminding our peers of our birthdays. haha. For instance, Iman?? Gila tak expect. Rabiatul. Izzaty! So, yes, it makes me happy that these people bother to type a message to me at all. So, thank you. :)
***
OK OK, updates on the Car. Drumrolls please! haha.
1) It will be red in colour.
2) It's local. I don't mind about this fact though. I am mentioning this however because some people are expecting... I don't know, a Mini Cooper? haha. Geez, even I don't think that far!
3) It will be coming real soon. YES.
I am so itching to drive! I tried to drive my mum's Merc just now. No, it's no big deal since it's just a short distance. Less than 3 minutes ok! But man, it was so smooth! I don't expect my car to be like that though. haha. But whatever, I just want to drive!
-- I WILL CALL AND EMAIL TO SOME OF YOU. NO, I HAVE NOT DIED OR SLIPPED AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.
Labels: birthday

2 Comments:
its naqiuddin btw =3
oh yeah duh!! i think we had a convo on your tagboard abt it. haha. sorry, lapse of memory.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home