mobeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Monday, March 05, 2007

movies-ice cream-pool-lepak

I honestly think that my blog now is reduced to a journal just about my outings...

Because I went out again today!

Okay, a few days earlier, Azfar invited me to go to watch Dreamgirls at Pyramid with him and Nawal. I'm not sure about going and I've already sort of planned with my mum to watch it together. Anyway, yesterday, I asked my parents if I can go out with them but my parents said no since they'll be busy tomorrow. Apparently, they'll be busy in Subang itself so right at the last minute, I get to go and join them.

Okay, I did wonder if I should invite some of my friends from my clique. Yes, we're a clique of five! But when I thought about it, most of them have started working and usually these last minute stuff always get a 'no' so I figured, ah screw it.

Ok, first of all, I have to say that I am A VICTIM OF PENGARUH RAKAN SEBAYA.

There.

Anyway, when I finally reached Pyramid, I met up with Azfar and Adilah. And yeah, once more I didn't recognize it's you, Adilah. haha. I'm so sorry! It's just that my rabun eyes aren't used to you yet! And guess what movie we were going to watch. Effing Turista! What happened to the goddamn Dreamgirls??

Ok, yesterday night, I've watched The Pursuit of Happyness, which is very inspirational by the way, so I've caught a glimpse of Turista's trailer. Well, it's a slasher flick. A typical B-grade die-die-die slasher flick. Blood and gore. Booyah. At the time when I watched the trailer, I didn't even think of it much. I mean, it's not my sorta thing, that much I know.

Well, the other guys decided to drag me into watching frigging Turista. The other guys are including Nawal and her two friends. Seriously, if you look at those girls, you would DEFINITELY not think that they would openly like to watch slasher flicks! Seriously, they look so freaking ayu and girly that it still shocks me that they actually want to watch that piece of trash! Hello! Violence galore!

The whole time, I was going all, ok you guys, I THINK IT'S A BAD IDEA. I mean, can't we watch something happier? Something we can laugh together? It's a bad idea, people. BAD. But do they listen to me?? To they ever listen to me?!

It's so much fun to catch up with Nawal though. It's awesome! To tell you the truth, me and Nawal hadn't known each other that well but we really click. Really click. She practically says my thoughts. For one thing, I am completely relieved that she's a penganggur terhormat just like me. And she even told me that she once wanted to work at Starbucks - I did too! Her friends are this girl and Ain. I couldn't remember what this girl's name is but she seems nice. I know Ain though and honestly, I don't like her. Maybe it's because she used to glare and stare at me and my friends last time in school. I'm not kidding! That kinda stuff freaked us out naturally. And even yesterday, I can feel a bit of hostility somehow. Whatever.

(Anyway, I wiki-ed Turista and just what I thought, Turista means tourists in Brazil. Hah!)

The movie is part gory, part vile and part pornographic. I kinda expected them when I saw the 18 PL sign on the poster. A minute in this movie, you will see pulsing blood and screaming people. 2 minutes in this movie, you will see a man picking his nose - upclose. ewww haha! 3 minutes in this movie, and you will see a naked breast. Sigh. I so did not pay ten bucks for this! Anyway, even from the start I was regretting it. Plus, the story is actually very dull! I mean, when it's not pointless violent, it's very very boring. The dialogue - BORING. It's like up to the point I just want the killers to just get on with it since there is nothing to look forward to.

Dull and violent. Who thought such a combination exists??

Honestly, pengaruh rakan sebaya sucks - it forces you to do things that you don't like. Earlier, Azfar said that he's gonna be my 'moral support' and I shouldn't be scared because he's just right beside me... PFFT. See how long that took. So, the movie started with a group of white tourists getting all hyper over Brazil. They dance, drink, drink some more, dance, swim in the ocean etc. Then, after a night of heavy partying, they got drugged, woke up and found out that they've been mugged. Boo hoo. Bad things happened. Typical. So, I was cringing all the way when suddenly Azfar whispered sharply at me, 'Atikah, do you want to go out? Because I want to go out. I don't like scary movies.'

...

And you're telling me this now?! NOW!! Oh my god! After I told you hundreds and millions of time that it's a bad idea to watch gory movies like this and now you're telling that you don't like scary movies? After I paid for my freaking seat and actually suffered till then? NOW?? I TOLD YOU SO OK. I SO FREAKING TOLD YOU SO.

...Thus, Atikah wins!

I wanted to go out but I didn't want to ditch Adilah. And I definitely didn't want to leave because my ten bucks will burn automatically. But somehow, I couldn't stomach the violence of the movie. So, at the end, Azfar promised to buy us ice cream in return that we ditch the movie. This is the second time I walked out of a movie cinema while the movie is still running. The first one is when I was watching Hills Have Eyes. Now that movie? Is ten times more violent than Turista. The other girls? They actually want to stay. And they finished the whole thing. Man, you just don't know those ayu girls - they could surprise you, honestly.

The irony is that Azfar is my 'moral support'. And yet , he bailed on me! He even told the other girls that we wanted to walk out because I was scared. HELLO. It's your idea ok! You'd still walk out even if I wasn't there! Admit it, you chickened out too. haha.

I was extremely relieved when we got out. We headed to Baskin Robbins immediately. We got a triple scoop ice cream. Azfar got Mango Sorbet, Adilah got World Class Chocolate and I got Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip. It was all good. So, we talked about everything under the sun. Somehow, everything turned perverted. I'm not kidding! At the end, we were talking about flavoured condoms, lust and well, the works! Adilah, you're friend is definitely weirder than anyone I've ever imagined. And I thought my friends are weird. I mean, if I was hungry, I'd reach for a chocolate bar or something - not flavoured condoms for snack! Most of the time, it's me teasing Adilah and Azfar. haha. It's so much fun though.

After we finished eating ice cream, we still didn't know what to do since the other girls didn't come out yet. I wanted to play bowling but I figured against it. I don't enjoy bowling actually. Throwing a ball at a couple of pins isn't my idea of fun. Then, I indulged the others on how I am craving to play pool. The last time I played pool was months ago in Indon with my family members. Well, I kick-ass basically at that time. haha. And guess what? There's actually a snooker place above Pyramid's bowling alley! Ok, raise hands for people who didn't know that place exist either!

However, when we got up there, it wasn't what it's cracked up to be. The place is so... seedy. Seriously, when I look around, all I could think was... seedy. It's the essence of seedy. Filled with seedy-looking people. The funny thing is there was a non-smoking sign before the entrance but when we actually got into the place, there's actually a whole ozone of cigarette smoke! It's crazy! Up to the point that Adilah actually went to the toilet because the smoke was too much for her to bear. I'm surprised that it doesn't get into my clothes. I could see Adilah and Azfar being uncomfortable and wanted to leave...

But the place is so cool. It's like a scene from that PS2 game - Grand Theft Auto. Seriously, I never thought a place like this exist in SJ - I mean the sheer seediness of it. You'd think that it's infested with mafias and rapists and killers. Maybe there are a few criminals there at the time but mostly I think it's just mat rempits hankering for their cigs. So, I was very determined to stay. You know, just to bask in the movie moment for a while. Plus, I never did anything like this with my friends. I mean, we're just playing pool in a close proximity with thugs. That's it. Not like we're doing drugs or anything. And there will be a story to tell! So, we stayed. Heh.

I lost my mojo.

Indeed, I did. Because while playing pool against Azfar, I sucked big time. The cue ball didn't go as it's supposed to do. Cue sticks slip in my hands. The balls keep not going into the holes... That last sentence is so wrong. haha. I think it was the environment. I'm just not used to it. Most of the time, I played in brightly lit hotel lobbies. Actually, all the time! I don't go to bars or anything so the only time I play it is when I'm in a hotel. There were a few really good shots though. Really good. Like, I even surprise myself because from my mental calculation, it's not possible. But those shots are far and few in between yesterday... Anyway, the bummer thing is that we pay by the clock. For one hour, it's 10 bucks. So that kinda sucks because we're focused on finishing the game as soon as possible. If it's in a hotel, usually, we just insert it in coins into the pool table and take our own sweet time! haha.

Somewhere in the middle of the game, Nawal and her pals joined us. I actually wanted them to join us for the next game where we pair up in teams. But somehow, the girls wanted to leave. Maybe they're traumatised?? haha. I kinda forgot to ask what happened. Did anyone survive at the end? I doubt it. Anyway, me and Azfar took one whole hour to finish one set. Oh my god. Pathetic! It was about 6 at the time.

We walked around basically and got bored out of our heads when my parents called me. Time for my exit! haha. So, that's how the day ended basically. I enjoyed the ice cream, our sucky game of pool and even the movie. The movie is a funny experience! I had never walked out a movie with my friends before. I mean, actually having serious discussions whether we should do the walk or not while a guy on-screen is having one of his eyeballs poked. haha! Freaking hilarious, seriously.

All in all, it's a good hangout. haha. A very good one.

--- 'morbidlah best!' Indeed, Adilah?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

dang. you got me there, atikah.

i still think morbid is nice. but too much porno gets to me. i mean, a woman breastfeeding her son on film??

hello! we have our dignity!

but it was boring lah. im actually glad we ditched that movie.
OKAY OKAY YOU WERE RIGHT! happy?

and azfar wanted to ditch me. isn't that nice. he got down to being the devil after being such an angel.

hmph.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh yeah.

that perverted talk was rather interesting. if not morbid.

muahah.

i still say chocolate is the nicest sin ever.

ahahah!

11:41 AM  
Blogger atikah said...

oh please, adilah, you like all types of sin. ahaha!!

morbid is NOT NICE ok. reading morbid stuff is ok but actually watching morbid stuff is not!

and yes, i am happy that you admitted you were wrong. smug.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home