mobeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

And as usual, I am home. :D

Even though, you know, technically, UIA's holiday begins tomorrow.. Heheh. I like breaking the rules, man. As long as I know what I'm doing, I don't mind bending things a bit. Yes, bend. Not shatter or anything. Um yeah.

Anyway, heading to Terengganu tomorrow for holidays. Yes! I need it! Though, it is kinda freaking me out a bit since it is oh-so close with finals already. I think I should better prepare for finals early since I don't want to repeat what happened during my last midterm. Loads of sleepless nights that I can't bear. And mostly, those A's are just lucky chances. I am still amazed at the amazing supercalifragilistic marks I got for Linguistics. I got an A. And not just any A. The OMG WTF kinda A. Totally unexpected. BTQ - disappointing but I didn't flunk it! BMW sah fail. haha. Sorry but if I don't even understand the questions, how likely am I to answer it correctly? Plus, my lecturer doesn't look like she's going to give our exam paper back to us anytime soon. So yes, I smell failure. So far, Computer is the only paper I flunked! Not bad eh? For exams that I only start to study usually the night before. Garh. Not a good idea, kids! Coffee can only do so much. haha.

Ironically, good marks, lucky or not, actually makes me feel good enough to study harder. It's funny. But yeah, I feel good. And there is a glimmer of hope. Up to the point of that I actually pay attention in Linguistics! Miraculous! haha.

You know, I think the only thing I will miss about Nilai is the people. I think the only way to survive there is to really stick together. Ok, sorry if I am starting to sound like a Hallmark channel movie - SORRY REALLY. Corniness is something I do not like. However, it is true. I think I've made so many new friends and learned so much about their lives that I really feel blessed. It is like a step in somebody's shoes. The only way to really know the world is to know the people living in it, true? Trust me, I've learned so much just by living in the dorms.

I mean, hello 16 girls?? When you put that much of people in one room, you bet you're gonna learn something. haha! Yes, funny. Funny because I used to complain so much about them and now... One of my weaknesses is that people tend to grow on me.

And I guess I learn to relax. Last semester, I was so cooped up with this idea to... SUCCEED AND STRIVE that I pretty much forgot about what really matters. I was so bent on that A and that title in that society and opportunities to polish my resume and everything. I mean, I would actually obsess on that A- because it is not a bona fide A . Yes, I was that ambitious. But now I learn to have fun and survive in such an uncompromising situation (read: NILAI).


Am I happy? In a way, after everything has been said and done. I mean, things happen for a reason, right?

Qada' and qadar.

There is a lesson to be learnt from Nilai.

And I thank Allah for giving me that chance to learn.


-- Ok ok, I must say that I still hate Nilai for its incompetence in being a good university campus. Hell, it should be excellent since we are supposed to have that 'International' status. And I am excited because this semester is ending soon and I will be joining the IIUM community in Gombak. Ah yes. Hope. Faith. I still hate Nilai and would probably complain about it in future posts though. haha! I know myself too well. But but but! Hope is too near to be ignored. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I love that you went all "I LOVE NILAI!" and then there's a P.S-sort-of-note at the end going "I STILL HATE NILAI" :P

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home