Eeek!!
I am TRAUMATISED! I will never look at another tuna can the same again...
It is a long story....
See, my house fridge has a bit of a problem. I didn't even know this but - that thing has been serving us for more than a decade. Yes, it's practically old and now, pretty useless. Because for some reason (old age probably) it broke down a bit and is not as cool as it suppose to be. I mean, hell, my air-conditioned room is colder than that rad old thing. So, the food in there always rot before they're supposed to -
Disgusted? You should be.
But you see, my family is used to all this things. Burned lightbulbs, haywired doorbells, clogged drains - all that stuff. And my father, the only one who is handy with tools, isn't as springy and fresh to help us fix things. Others would think that we're destitute or something! But the thing is my dad didn't have much time...or memory, in his case. Just this week, he and me mom went to Singapore and then Perlis. Tomorrow, he is going to Sungai Petani! Business people have hectic lives...Sometimes I don't even remember where they'd gone to! I mean, I just know that they're gone. If you think that's horrible, don't worry honey, I'm not shedding any tears over it. In fact, I'm so used to it, it kinda helps when they went to a place for a long time. Like last year, they went to do their Haj and we weren't even counting the days. It's just suddenly 'Poof!', they're back!
Anyway back to the fridge problem. My family just eats up all the food as fast as we can. The nick-nacks like keropok and all that are okay. But the food like salad, apples and especially a whole carton of milk (yum) MUST be finished as soon as possible! But...at one point, we're so fed up with having to discover stale milk, we later put it in the freezer and it turned into ice! So everytime we want to drink it, we put it outside for a few minutes and let it melt. It gives a nice ice-blend taste to it, ya know. Like milkshake. So we adapt that lifestyle until we get a new fridge...which means probably another decade or so... Depends on how many times my mum nagged me dad to buy a new one...
Then, just a few minutes ago, my cousin, Roki and me began to search for some tidbits. Midnight snack. Nick-nacks. Whatever you call it these days. Anyway, we began to rummage the food inside our dead-beat fridge. Since it is almost midnight, we decided not to eat any carb food. And guess what, they're aren't any! Then I saw the can of tuna... It was on the rack inside the fridge - so innocently there without a trace of guilt...And I picked up that opened tuna can and even decided to munch it down...And so I peeked inside where -
I SAW MAGGOTS SQUIRMING INSIDE IT ROLLING AROUND WITH TUNA!!! IT WAS WHITE AND YELLOW-ISH! OH MY GOD!! IT WAS SO DISGUSTING! I CAN NEVER FORGET HOW THEY SQUIRMED!!
I shrieked of course and hand it to the unsuspecting Roki before shrieking that maggots are in there. She threw it straight into the dustbin while I raced to the sink. I swear, I feel like tearing my skin off just to make sure it ain't contaminated. I know it's probably my imagination but I felt something squriming up my legs...elbow...ankle
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, now, I am completely traumatised. The word 'squirm' can really.....urgh...
Ok that is it! The fridge must be replaced! Must I said! If not, I'm adopting an aneroxia lifestyle. No food no nothing. I rather starve than let those things crawl down my throat...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
--Aneroxia, here I come!!

2 Comments:
EWWW!! Maggots?! GROSS! Well, nothing can come worse then roaches actually. Just that day, I was walking out of the toilet wearing my baju sekolah and suddenly, squish..I STEPED on a coackroach! I immedietly starting jumping, screaming and yelling eww at the same time. I think I wiped it on this one shirt...hmm...not wearing that shirt ever again.
- Miza -
bad anroxia! bad! bad!.. finding maggots in your can of tuna is not disgusting.. ITS GROSS!! ITS THE MOST HORRIFIC EVER!!! I'm just glad it happened to you and not me!! hahahahah! and I;m sitting here.. on my couch.. eating TUNA!! hahahah.. and you should seriously think about those new fridge.. I don't think u want to see maggots in your milks pulak! then you'd really got sometihg to be traumatised about..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home